Returning Candidate?

Human Resources Manager

Human Resources Manager

Job ID 
2017-5232
Job Location 
US-MT-Billings
Working Hours 
Generally 8-5

More information about this job

Overview

Food Services of America, a dynamic, growing, and privately-held food distribution organization has an immediate opening for an experienced Human Resources Manager reporting to the operating unit President. The successful candidate will serve as a business partner for the management, development and administration of all aspects of human resource programs such as affirmative action, recruitment, labor relations, benefits and company policies for this branch of Food Services of America. 

 

This position will handle all local branch level aspects of HR and collaborate as part of a team with the Corporate HR group located in Scottsdale, AZ 

   

Responsibilities

General

  • Ensure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function
  • Conduct exit interviews on all voluntary resignations
  • Oversee and administer the car insurance policies for sales team to ensure they are up to date with adequate coverage 
  • Administers various associate services plans, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the branch
  • Oversee maintenance of staff personnel files, including submission of changes and file update

 Associate Relations

  • Partners with management on personnel issues, labor relations and the interpretation of personnel policies and procedures
  • Proactively conducts investigations when Associate complaints or concerns are brought forth
  • Advises managers and supervisor about the steps in the discipline system of the branch
  • Counsels managers on employment issues

 Benefits

  • Administer all leave situations and paperwork required by the FMLA and conduct leave of absence update bi-weekly to determine proper FMLA coverage
  • Administer the short-term disability program
  • Conduct new Associate orientation program

 Training and Development

  • Identifies training gaps and work with Corporate Human Resources to ensure company training needs such as new associate orientation, compliance, sexual harassment, and health fairs are delivered

 Recruiting

  • Participate with the preparation of the information required for government compliance
  • Oversee the recruitment process ensuring compliance with OFCCP regulations including applicant tracking and other branch Affirmative Action Plan requirements
  • Performs tactical recruiting including preparing job postings, job ads for newspapers, Internet posting, screening resumes and performing interviews
  • Positioned as a recruitment partner with hiring managers

Oversee weekly payroll processing and submittal to corporate payroll team. 

 

 Other duties as assigned

Qualifications

  • Ability to communicate with all levels of Associates
  • Make presentations to groups of up to 200 people
  • Must have Business Administration Degree and a Human Resource Management Major preferred or equivalent years experience and certification
  • Minimum five years HR Generalist work experience
  • Strong organization, analytical and strategic project planning skills
  • Ability to identify problems and work with others to resolve them
  • Computer skills including Infinium, Kronos, Windows, Outlook and Microsoft office suite experience
  • Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
  • Sitting up to 80% of the time, with the remaining 20% walking or standing

Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.

Options

Share on your newsfeed

Need help finding the right job?

We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.